When you register to use the Archive collections you agree to abide to our Rules for Readers (pdf). If you would like us to send you a hard copy of our regulations please contact us (details in the box to the right).
Handling Archive Materials
• Do handle all archive material with the utmost care
• Do use pencils in the reading area. Portable computers may be used in accordance with normal library regulations
• Do use the slips provided to mark materials for copying
• Do keep archival material in the order they are given to you
• Do use the book rest provided when consulting bound volumes.
• Do not use pens in the reading area or mark the documents in any way
• Do not eat or drink when using archival materials
• Do not remove anything from a file or alter the order of material in a folder
• Do not copy materials without permission.
Telephone us on:
020 7612 6983
or e-mail our dedicated enquiry service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at:
Newsam Library and Archives
UCL Institute of Education
University College London
20 Bedford Way