Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To be made up of:
- Name of person (in single quotation marks).
- Year of event (in round brackets).
- Certified copy of ... certificate for ... (in italics).
- Full name of person (forenames, surname) (in italics).
- Day/month/year of event (in italics).
- Application number from certificate.
- Location of Register Office.
If you retrieved the certificate online, after application number from certificate, add:
- Year of last update (in round brackets).
- Available at: URL.
- (Accessed: date).
Jayne was born in Pontefract (‘Jayne Seaman’, 1966)…
‘Jayne Seaman’ (1966). Certified copy of birth certificate for Jayne Seaman, 20 December 1966. Application number 5001977/D. Pontefract Register Office.
More referencing information can be found in IOE LibGuides: