Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Foreign Language Material (Transliteration)
To be made up of:
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Transliteration of title (in italics).
- Edition (only include the edition number if it is not the first edition).
- Place of publication: publisher.
- Series and volume number (where relevant).
Washida (2007) suggests…
鷲田清一. (2007). 京都の平熱 : 哲学者の都市案内. 東京: 講談社.
Washida, K. (2007). Kyōto no heinetsu: tetsugakusha no toshi annai. Tōkyō: Kōdansha.
When referencing foreign language material in another alphabet, such as Japanese, you should transliterate (not translate) the details into the English alphabet.
More referencing information can be found in IOE LibGuides: