In 2017-18, the IOE Library helped IOE staff to make the transition to ReadingLists@UCL:
From September 2018 we hope most academics and administrators will be able to manage their own lists, but the IOE Library will continue to support the IOE faculty by providing training and creating new reading lists.
Please send your reading list and additions to last's year's list to the IOE Library at IOE.Libraryreadinglists@ucl.ac.uk at least 6 weeks before the start of the course.
So long as you send us your lists, along with the required information, we will do everything else for you. We will ...
Checking a reading list requires time, especially at the beginning of a new academic year so it's best to get your lists in during the spring. Library budgets are rolled over in the summer which means that some items will have to wait to be ordered after August 1st (new financial year). Once we place an order, it takes at least 4 weeks for it to reach the shelves.
Please include the following information with your reading lists:
1. Name and code of the module
2. Identify essential and background texts
3. Number of students enrolled (an estimate is fine to begin with, but please let us know actual numbers when you have them)
4. Mode of delivery (face to face or online)
5. IOE department name
6. When the module will start and finish
1. Add it to Readinglists@UCL
2. Order books
3. Digitise readings (so long as you identify the essential readings you do not need to send us separate digitisation requests)
4. Link to the list to your Moodle page
5. Automatically roll your reading lists over to the next academic year (you only need to contact us if something changes)
6. Automatically renew your digitisation licenses (there is no more need to send renewal forms each year)
We will calculate how many copies to purchase dependent on ....
We will also digitise any required readings. All you have to do is identify the required readings, the number of students on the module, and if applicable, book chapter details. We cannot digitise an entire book).
We will monitor circulation on a regular basis and we will buy additional copies (paper or electronic) if the demand is high.
If your enrollment rises drastically, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can be sure there are enough copies available.